Fuzzies in der haed!
If I were to die today and someone were to open my head up, one of several things would be found: a grainy old photograph, a smeared painting, or a large ball of what can only be described of as 'fuzzy.'
What I'm trying to say is that my head is and has been in a state of constant fuzz for a good three months now. I cannot think straight and clearly to save my life. Well, maybe for that, but you get my point.
Yesterday I went up to Davidson to pick up my cousin who just finished his second semester there. On my way back, I was going down 77 at about 65mph when a bird flew right across the road. I didn't have any time to react so I hit it. It was horrifying. The thing just popped out of the trees that were 3 feet from the road and went flying right at about headlight level. Ugh... it was horrible. It's the first time I have really killed anything (besides insects). What makes it worse is that when I looked in my rear view mirror right after it happened, I saw a puff of feathers floating to the ground. I am ashamed that I let a laugh escape my lips. This sad act of killing ended in an almost cartoonish occurrence. And I feel awful for finding it even the least bit funny. But I still do, and that's what is even worse.
Today I attended my first Student Senate meeting. The one thing I learned there: the Student Senate actually has no power at all. Not in the slightest. We're just the "middle-men" between the students and the Academic Council (made up mostly of faculty). Nobody has to answer to us, and we have to answer to the faculty. Sucks,
I am way behind in my work and I don't care.
What I'm trying to say is that my head is and has been in a state of constant fuzz for a good three months now. I cannot think straight and clearly to save my life. Well, maybe for that, but you get my point.
Yesterday I went up to Davidson to pick up my cousin who just finished his second semester there. On my way back, I was going down 77 at about 65mph when a bird flew right across the road. I didn't have any time to react so I hit it. It was horrifying. The thing just popped out of the trees that were 3 feet from the road and went flying right at about headlight level. Ugh... it was horrible. It's the first time I have really killed anything (besides insects). What makes it worse is that when I looked in my rear view mirror right after it happened, I saw a puff of feathers floating to the ground. I am ashamed that I let a laugh escape my lips. This sad act of killing ended in an almost cartoonish occurrence. And I feel awful for finding it even the least bit funny. But I still do, and that's what is even worse.
Today I attended my first Student Senate meeting. The one thing I learned there: the Student Senate actually has no power at all. Not in the slightest. We're just the "middle-men" between the students and the Academic Council (made up mostly of faculty). Nobody has to answer to us, and we have to answer to the faculty. Sucks,
I am way behind in my work and I don't care.



1 Comments:
By the way, my address is bodaciousmuffins.blogspot.com
By
Anonymous, at 8:51 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home