Dijurido

5.23.2004

Together.

I've spent a lot of time with my family recently and I feel happy about it. Yesterday we saw a movie and had dinner together. Then today we went to the pool and had dinner together. Then we watched Scary Movie 3. Together. That's an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back. But the point is that I love my family! Hooray!

I never realized the deeper meaning that was there. I always thought, 'hey, this is funny and mildly entertaining,' but now I see it is a coming of age story. A transition into adulthood (or at least maturity) for a young boy. It's about his first (and second)(maybe a THIRD?!) love and his realization of it. It is his battles, his trials, his struggles. All that and giant robots. Always need the giant robots.

So I says to him...

What would happen if Aphrodite bathed in the river Styx? Would everybody forget they were in love? Or would Aphrodite just forget that she needed to make people fall in love, making future generations suffer through grueling loveless lives? That's one to ponder.

I met a young man at a bus stop dressed in blue. He had his head in his hands and tears in his eyes. I couldn't help but smile.

Imagine you had a sixth sense by which you felt life. You can feel life in the things around you, even in plants. Now imagine being in a grassy field and feeling a sensory overload of that sense. Ahh, that would be wonderful to feel other living things.

He flew into the air. Silhouetted by the sun he hung, seemingly suspended there, with his blade drawn ready to strike. In that instant I saw the man on the ground turn his head and see this feat, I knew that it was over. I could see that he knew it as well. That look on his face when the realization hit that it was too late was horrifying. It was then that this slowed state of time resumed it's normal flow. The suspended warrior flew downwards, blade still raised. The man on the ground barely had enough time to close his eyes. And then he was gone. By some grace of the gods, he was no longer there. The warrior's blade cut air, not flesh. He had done it again, either by skill or chance or divine favor. He would live to see another day. He would live to fight the last fight.

alas...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home