Dijurido

11.26.2003

learn? Pshah!

School is out! Yahoo, whipee, and other such celebratory phrases.

But I was really gonna post on something I was thinking about today. And just a disclaimer: I don't mean to offend anyone, these are just thoughts. It is a popular philosophy these days to strive to detach themselves from the, physical plane. I'm not sure this is the way to go. If you think about it, if you strive to make yourself greater or higher or whatever by shedding your physical body, wouldn't that kind of make you less great? It stands to reason that the more planes something exists in, the greater it is. For example, humans exist in two planes that we know of; physical and spiritual. But a rock only exists in the physical plane, ad it is obvious that a human is greter than a rock. So rather than striving to detach ourselves from the physical plane, why not embrace it? I'm not saying to be totally wordly and obsessed with physical possesions, but strive for a balance of physical and spiritual existence. Balance is essential.

I suppose this line of thought also applies to many common deities today. The majority of deities worshipped are believed to exist on some far away spiritual plane. But it is also believed that these deities are greater than humans. If so, how can these deities be greater than humans if they don't exist in a plane that humans do? Maybe these deities do exist in the physcial plane, yet people only believe, because they are so great and thus non-human, that they exist far away on some other plane that we can't understand. Maybe in all actuality, our deities are on somewhere in space laughing their heads off at us silly humans.

Sorry if that made no sense at all. I probably could have worded it much better. O well. If anybody has any questions or arguments about this email me. I am tired. time to....zzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home