"So, are we, uh, going to jail?"
"Nah," he said standing there all cocky with hands o hips as he spits a mouthful of saliva on the ground.
Eww.
But shew....hehehe, I thought we were going to go to jail.
But I'll start at the beginning.
I was on my way home from Tim's house when I decided that I was not really tired enough to go to bed. So I do what any natural, perfectly sane person would do: I went to the fountain. At Morrocroft. Always a fun, quasi-epic (it kinda is) place to be. So I was there for maybe ten minutes before I heard a lot of yelling and the pounding of running feet against the ground behind me. I turned just in time to see two figures, weapons in hand, suspended in the air above me, hanging there in a sort of suspended animation as I contemplated wetting myself. Just before a cry of overwhelming terror escaped my lips, I recognized one of the figures as Conner. But the shriek came anyway.
It was Conner and Mike O'M of all people. Go figure. They just happened to be hanging out at the fountain when Conner spotted me and they planned an ambush. And they carried it out. We hung out. I just happened to have my FAKE WOODEN KATANA in my car, so I brought it out to battle them with their karate training weapons. Notice the words FAKE and WOODEN, they will play an important part later.
So we battle as some other people that happen to be there swim in the fountain. Molly dropped by to say hi and we, of course, battled her car to the death. Well, not death, but close.
After Molly left us for her FAVORITE friends, Conner, Mike, and I sat down on the grassy knoll and talked about stuff. I don't remember what we talked about, I think about how genuinely scared I was when they jumped me. We noticed the swimming people left, and that probably should have been our cue as well. A car drove up with a searchlight mounted on the driver door, and shined it right on us as we sat there with our "weapons." We couldn't see anything for the light glaring down on us. We sat there, not knowing what to think. The guy finally rolled his window down and told us to stay put. We obeyed, still rather oblivious to what was going on. He then proceeded to ask us what we were doing there, and what those weapons we had were. We explained that they were fake, and that we were just some geeks hanging around playing a pretend game of ninja (which was actually totally true). He made us toss the weapons away and sit there. He said not to make ay sudden moves, and believe me, we weren't about to. Finally, reinforcements came: not just one cop, but two. So now there are there cops, three cop cars and us sitting there rather freaked out. They pick up the weapons and inspect them, just to find they are made of wood and/or are very blunt. One guy told me to stand up and asked if I had an ID. I said I did in my wallet in my car. So he patted me down to make sure I wasn't packing any heat, and one copper escorted me to my car. I got my ID out and gave it to them. They escorted me back and told me to sit back down. Two of the cops went away and sat in a car, perhaps checking my ID, perhaps calling my parents, I don't know. I just know there was one guy watching us.
That's when I asked if we were going to jail. He said no. Boy, that was a relief. They gave us our things back and told us not to carry them around in public anymore, and also asked us never to come back to that place. We then went home.
There's not much more to say about that other than it was a life experience. A perfect male-bonding exercise. Now my name is, of course, on a red light list in Morrocroft and I can never go back to one of my favorite places...but still. It was worth it.
Ah, everyone needs at least one.
Eww.
But shew....hehehe, I thought we were going to go to jail.
But I'll start at the beginning.
I was on my way home from Tim's house when I decided that I was not really tired enough to go to bed. So I do what any natural, perfectly sane person would do: I went to the fountain. At Morrocroft. Always a fun, quasi-epic (it kinda is) place to be. So I was there for maybe ten minutes before I heard a lot of yelling and the pounding of running feet against the ground behind me. I turned just in time to see two figures, weapons in hand, suspended in the air above me, hanging there in a sort of suspended animation as I contemplated wetting myself. Just before a cry of overwhelming terror escaped my lips, I recognized one of the figures as Conner. But the shriek came anyway.
It was Conner and Mike O'M of all people. Go figure. They just happened to be hanging out at the fountain when Conner spotted me and they planned an ambush. And they carried it out. We hung out. I just happened to have my FAKE WOODEN KATANA in my car, so I brought it out to battle them with their karate training weapons. Notice the words FAKE and WOODEN, they will play an important part later.
So we battle as some other people that happen to be there swim in the fountain. Molly dropped by to say hi and we, of course, battled her car to the death. Well, not death, but close.
After Molly left us for her FAVORITE friends, Conner, Mike, and I sat down on the grassy knoll and talked about stuff. I don't remember what we talked about, I think about how genuinely scared I was when they jumped me. We noticed the swimming people left, and that probably should have been our cue as well. A car drove up with a searchlight mounted on the driver door, and shined it right on us as we sat there with our "weapons." We couldn't see anything for the light glaring down on us. We sat there, not knowing what to think. The guy finally rolled his window down and told us to stay put. We obeyed, still rather oblivious to what was going on. He then proceeded to ask us what we were doing there, and what those weapons we had were. We explained that they were fake, and that we were just some geeks hanging around playing a pretend game of ninja (which was actually totally true). He made us toss the weapons away and sit there. He said not to make ay sudden moves, and believe me, we weren't about to. Finally, reinforcements came: not just one cop, but two. So now there are there cops, three cop cars and us sitting there rather freaked out. They pick up the weapons and inspect them, just to find they are made of wood and/or are very blunt. One guy told me to stand up and asked if I had an ID. I said I did in my wallet in my car. So he patted me down to make sure I wasn't packing any heat, and one copper escorted me to my car. I got my ID out and gave it to them. They escorted me back and told me to sit back down. Two of the cops went away and sat in a car, perhaps checking my ID, perhaps calling my parents, I don't know. I just know there was one guy watching us.
That's when I asked if we were going to jail. He said no. Boy, that was a relief. They gave us our things back and told us not to carry them around in public anymore, and also asked us never to come back to that place. We then went home.
There's not much more to say about that other than it was a life experience. A perfect male-bonding exercise. Now my name is, of course, on a red light list in Morrocroft and I can never go back to one of my favorite places...but still. It was worth it.
Ah, everyone needs at least one.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home