Dijurido

7.11.2004

She was beautiful, but she didn't mean a thing to me.

Actually she did. She really did.

So I just got back from EFY yesterday. EFY stands for Especially For Youth, and it is a summer youth camp put on by the church I go to. It was such an incredible experience, and it really changed my perspectives on many things and made me want to clean up my act and become a better person.

But, the coolest beyond cool thing happened there. On Tuesday night we had our first dance (of two). I was walking around, worn out and thirsty from "getting my groove on" (or lack thereof) when I heard a voice shout, "Go Audrey!" I thought to myself, 'wow, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. My best(est) friend from ages 0 - 8 or so was named Audrey. Man, I really miss her.' So I take a glance in that direction. boom. I saw her. My best friend (plus some) that I hadn't seen or talked to in 10 years was dancing right there in front of me. So I, being the shy person I am, hovered around her, trying to glance at her name tag to make sure it was really her. It was. So when I built up the courage, I went up and said (like the smooth devil I am), "Hi Audrey! Do you remember me? I'm Tim." She cocked her head to the side, squinted at me, and then erupted in laughs and jumps and screams of joy. It really was her! So we danced the rest of the evening and caught up on each others lives. She was just as crazy as ever and w got along great. We reminded each other of so many old memories and it was an overall blast! I had found my "first crush." It was just a great week. After EFY ended we all (her family, mine, and Nate) went to breakfast. Then we had to say goodbye AGAIN. At least this time it was only a temporary goodbye; when she moved away when we were young, she moved to Canada. Now she lives in Virginia, only about 5 hours away, so I can drive up there and see her some weekend.

And when we said goodbye, she kissed me on the cheek and reminded me that when she had done that before, I promptly said "BLECH!" and wiped it off my face. Oh, come on. I was seven! I still thought girls had 'cooties'!

Ahhh... all is well in the world.
and I can't stop smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home