Dijurido

6.28.2004

It's Dijurido, not Didgeridoo.

I hate it that that last post was the one that got left at the top for the two weeks I was gone. I'm just be very bipolar at times. No I'm not. Yes I am. No I'm...

My vacation was amazing. Beautiful scenery, slightly less beautiful people [but just ever so slightly ;-)], and fun all around. Glaciers blow my mind.

I met some younger teens (too young) that I "hung" out with. They were cool, but still going through that sex-crazed phase of teenagedom that is rather annoying at times. I did get some self-esteem boosters though: cute, quiet, articulate, mysterious... wow that doesn't seem like me at all. I just didn't say much because I didn't have much to say. end of story.

There was this one girl though who was just slightly younger than me who lives in Bangladesh. We stayed up late talking about India and Nepal and all those incredible places that we had both been. She was incredibly interesting and honestly the most mature teenager I met on that trip.

So I feel good now.

I was in Alaska on the longest day of the year, and the sun didn't go down. Amazingly beautiful. The sun dips behind the mountain called Mt. McKinley known to the natives as Denali (which is a much better name) and rises no more than an hour later on the other side of the mountain. Words cannot describe it's beauty. The 24-hour sunlight screwed up my body clock though, thus it being 2:20 AM and I'm not even tired. Well, maybe a little.

Ever wonder why 'little' is a bigger word that 'big'?

But now I'm back home at last, just to find that my college friends have returned. Now I get to spend a lot of time with them before they leave again. For two years. and that means I'll probably never see them again...

Ah, but that's too sad.

This is old news, but I just saw Donnie Darko and it rocked my socks off. If you haven't seen it, go rent it right now. It's sci-fi, religious, philosophical, comedy, creepy all rolled into one. It covers time travel to the sexuality of smurfs. Well, that's one part they could of left out... (don't really want to think about a smurf gangbang) But really, it's amazing. You have to watch it several times to even begin to grasp the plot. It was a sundance, but it's very much big movie studio quality and then some. The rabbit freaks me out.

So why are you wearing that silly man-suit?

2 Comments:

  • Hello Tim!
    I have a huge album with all the pictures I took while I was in Charlotte... I was trying to show off my pretty boy but it seemed that most of my friends thought u were cuter... my friends were like "el esta muy guapo! como se llama?" i wont translate it, now u know why its good to know spanish... hehe... taco, burrito... well I just wanted to let u know that a lot of my friends over here think u r cute and say hi... see? im not the only1 that can give u full boxes!

    By Blogger Martita, at 6:53 PM  

  • You know, I'm not as ignorant in Spanish as I pretend to be: I took three years of it in middle school. So...wow. Cool. That certainly brightens my week. Maybe I need to take a trip to Mexico...

    By Blogger Tim, at 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home